Thanksgiving meal prep started last week with a meal plan (more on that later) and this morning with grocery shopping. The 30 mins after I get home from the store is always dedicated to cleaning, rinsing, washing, and repackaging. I try to buy organic but we have limited options for organic grocery shopping where we live so we make do. All the more reason to wash produce properly. Here’s what I do.
1. Clean the sink (some of your gross and never done this 😂).
2. Fill the sink 2/3 full with cold water, some white vinegar (about a 1/4 cup but I eyeball it), and salt (a couple of pinches).
3. Remove produce from packaging and soak in the sink for 30 mins.
4. Rinse all produce and let air dry on a clean dish towel.
5. Repackage in glass containers or original packaging.
I also use this opportunity to prep the produce. Trim the tops off strawberries, cut up celery for snacking, etc. so it’s easier to grab and go when I need it.